Friday, June 17, 2005

Found....

I had totally forgotten about these two Asian soup spoons until Little Man found them in the cutlery drawer.

Aren't they the cutest? It cracks me up tho, wondering who in the world thought that little Asian boys playing ping pong look good on spoons. I mean really, was the guy at the Asian Spoon Company sitting at his desk going "I'm tired of flowers on my spoons. Everyone has flowery soup spoons. What would be different? Wait! I know! Little boys playing ping pong would look so cool!"

I dunno, but Little Man loves these spoons and every time we have pho he asks for his "pwing pon pwayer spoon". I've looked high and low in different Asian markets and never come across another set of spoons like this. If I did, I would buy a bunch....and maybe plates if they had them!

1 comments:

Jan said...

Our spoons have pagodas on them. The ping pong ones are great! Chelle's freind Leigh directed me to your site becasue she gets mine and yours confused (same wallpaper, Vietnamemse decent children, crazy little boy). My 3 yo saw the pic of Little Man spinning and asked "what am I doing there? I don't remember that", so maybe Leighisn't the only one confused! The cami looks awesome- I am not that skilled of a knitter yet....