Monday, June 20, 2005

The start of my Flower Basket Shawl. I'm using some silk/merino that I handpainted. The pattern calls for double stranded alpaca, but I had this stuff laying around so there you go. I cast on for the FBS Saturday and had a heck of a time figuring out the strange crocheted cast on. Then I did all of the first chart and made a huge mistake at the very beginning of the second chart. So I ended up ripping out everything and starting over. This is the second try.

I am really liking the way this looks so far. Becky had some great tips for getting started with the FBS and keeping track of the repeats. I found her advice was wonderful for figuring out the weird crocheted cast on.

3 comments:

marirob said...

Very pretty yarn! I haven't even attempted to make a lace shawl yet so I'm always in awe when I see them being made. Can't wait to see it completed!

Christie said...

Purty colors!

Unknown said...

Your yarn is gorgeous...great paint job.
Don't feel bad about the starting over with the shawl, I frogged it at least three times before that pattern made any sense to me.

If I were to do another I would work a couple more repeats of the pattern as it came out smaller than expected.

Good luck.