Monday, March 21, 2005

And I *finally* got my yarn from the Ebay seller 100purewool and here it is in all its glory. Isn't it the yummiest colorway? I think it's called "otono" (with the little doo-hickey accent over the N).

I'm pretty impressed with this yarn- I would say that it's just as soft as the worsted merino from Handpaintedyarn.com , it's still a single ply, but a little more tightly spun than the stuff Marcos sells. The bad part is that 100purewool doesn't seem to have a US affiliate yet, so the yarn has to come all the way from Uruguay. It took about 3 weeks to get to me. And then it was sent registered mail so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. Plus the shipping is kinda high. ...tho the package had some really cool Uruguyan stamps on it. If 100purewool had cheaper/quicker shipping I would def. buy more stuff from them.

I'm not sure what I"m going to make from this, but Clapotis is singing its siren song to me right now. I think it would beautiful in this colorway. But then again, I was going to hand dye some fingering weight yarn of my own for another Clapper. Either I'm going to have to give away a couple of Clapoti (Clapotises?) or they're going to be like tribbles and start popping up everywhere.

0 comments: