Thursday, August 18, 2005

A knitted snake named Rex


.

I just got the book "The World of Knitted Toys" the other day. When I showed it to Little Man, he immediately asked for the snake. Since I had some 100% acrylic in my stash (bought back when I didn't know any better), I decided to use it for the snake.

It was a super fast project- only took me about 4 hours to completely finish. I put it in bed with Little Man after he fell asleep and the next morning he came into our room hugging it. "I love my snake," he said. "I call him Rex!".


It's way cute, but I have to say (again) that 100% acrylic is the Devil's Work. I've used some nice microfiberish acrylics, but knitting with this cheap "pound of love" crap is like chewing on aluminium foil.
urrrrrgh

Never again. I'd burn this junk but I don't think plastic burns!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Soo cute! Cool way to give it too him, too.

Elspeth said...

I love the snake! I just may have to make one for one of my boys!

Christie said...

Love it! Rex is a bad ass!