Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pinwheel with edge crochet


Pinwheel with edge crochet

Ok, here's the finished edge treatment. I went with some light green DK wool I had in my stash. I just did a single crochet all around and added some little loops on the tips as I went. The loops are kinda wonky right now; maybe re-blocking will help but I think I'll just let Monkey Boy have at the blanket and do his own version of blocking (which will involve lots of drool and chewing, I'm sure).

Here's a closeup of my newbie crocheting...

4 comments:

marirob said...

too cute! Your crocheting looks great! The green was a perfect color to use for the edging.

Obsessed with knitting said...

*you* are the crochet maven
the blanket is GORGEOUS

did you bring it on wednesday?
if you did, I'm sorry I missed seeing it.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I hope monkey boy enjoys hours of drool and chewing with it

Elspeth said...

I love it! I am toying with the idea of making a pinwheel, since my youngest is almost 1, but I will defintely have to make it now!

LORI LAWSON said...

Love the pinwheel blanket and can't wait to see the sweater version in your handspun -- have the brown alpaca/silk -- get in touch with me -- will be at LPK on Sunday L
P.S. How do I email you?