Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Silk Corset in progress

Well, here is a photograph of my Silk Corset. This is what I have to show for 9+ hours of knitting. I shit you not.

As I've groused before, either I am a really stoopid knitter or this pattern isn't very well written (I tend to think it's the latter and not the former). After ripping this thing four times, I finally decided to skip the charts completely and re-write the pattern so I could actually understand it. It must be working cuz I am actually past the armholes now and into the 1x1 ribbing on the torso.

3 comments:

Christie said...

It looks great...bummer that it took so long, but it was obviously worth it. I love the color too!

Unknown said...

Have you see that the yarn harlot is doing this now, too? I'm curious to see what another designer has to say about it as she goes a long. Its a cute sweater, but its not on my list now due to all the trouble your having.

Elspeth said...

I totally agree -- this pattern needed to be edited more before being sent out to a larger audience. I think that Annie working on doing more of that in the future, which is nice but of course doesn't help us now. Not to mention all the changes that come out after you got your copy! I really need to get an update, since I will probably end up frogging mine and restarting.