Wednesday, June 14, 2006

FO!

Does this look familiar?


How about this?
My finished Green Gable
Yup, that's right, it's my completed Green Gable. I think it turned out quite nicely-this is the truest image of the color (green). The sweater has a funny looking fold in the arm in this pic, but it's just way I'm standing. LOL
Green Gable
Some more closeups:

The increases and decreases I used for bust shaping (my modification).


For the sleeves I was able to avoid the problem of a hole in the armpit by picking up extra stitches and then decreasing them away in later rows. I think the armpit looks nice and tight with no gaping.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Green Gable by Zephyrstyle
Size Medium (36in bust)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in "Rue", approx. 3.5 balls
I knit the pattern pretty much as it's written. My bust is 39inches and I knit the medium/36inch size because I had heard that lots of people had problems with the Cotton Fleece growing ALOT when blocked. The medium would have been too small in the bust so I added four sets of increases, which I later decreased away. For length I used the Large- 13.5inches instead of 11inches. I also added two increases at the waist for some extra shaping.
Instead of just picking up the live sts at the sleeve, I added three rows of stockinette for a little extra coverage before knitting the 1x1 ribbing. This allowed me to pick up extra sts so there would be no grafting or hole at the armpit. The extra sts were later decreased away.

The sweater was soaked in water and Eucelan, then spun partially dry in the washer. I blocked it by hand on a towel overnight. It grew quite a bit as I was arranging it on the towel, so I ended up whacking and slapping it a bit to make it behave. I estimate that it has grown by about an inch in width, and 1.5 and inch in length.

I had fun knitting this pattern and I'm very pleased with the finished product. The Dearest thinks this is the nicest, most wearable sweater I've knitted so far and I have to agree with him.

7 comments:

Christie said...

Very cute!

Noey D. said...

Very nice! It fits you so well.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a perty sweater. :o) It looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job! I love the color you chose, and I agree it's the most wearable top.

Elspeth said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

It looks even better in person!

Ween said...

Ooooh I really like that, I'll have to add it to my list of 'wish to knits' I like what you did with the shaping too.

Btw I saw your comment on Jan's blog about the pink hydrenga's. If you throw rusty nails in your flower bed it will turn them blue!