Thursday, June 29, 2006

More stenciled Tees

dragonflyflower
mantis
I got out the freezer paper and some fabric paint again. Little Man has been wanting another stenciled shirt and I found a cute praying mantis to put on it. To continue the bug theme, I made myself a little dragonfly shirt. The flower shirt was a 'save'- I painted the flower on over a stain that I couldn't get out. It covers the stain perfectly and I have a 'new' wearable shirt.

On the knitting front, I have decided to put away my Tshirt Sweater till Fall. It's just too hot to be sitting around with a lap full of wool, even if it *is* Malabrigo merino. I cast on for the Krista Tee from White Lies Designs instead. The pattern calls for an aran weight cotton yarn, and I had enough All Seasons Cotton in the stash to make it work so here's where I am so far:
WIP
The ASC was purchased from Cucumberpatch on Ebay; it's a discontinued color (Orkney) so it was 1/2 the price of current ASC. I've never knit with ASC before and I'm really enjoying it. Cotton is not one of my favorite fibers to knit with in general- especially mercerized cotton. But the ASC has some acrylic in it and gives a lot more than most cotton yarns I've tried.

The pattern is really easy to memorize and it's knitting up really fast. I may just have this sweater done in time to wear it for late summer/early fall.

2 comments:

Mamma said...

You are so creative. Those shirts are too cute. I have a few shirts that need "saved" I might just have to learn how to make those freezer paper designs

Anonymous said...

Those shirts look great, what a great way to cover a stubborn stain. And the results are so professional!

I love the calming color of your new knit, looks like a very pretty pattern.