Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's pants for Little Man!

Look at the yummy stuff I got from Lesbonribbon: IMG_0229
Missing is some brown ribbon with pink polka dots, and some black ribbon with skulls embroidered on it.

LM's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and we are having a Pirate Party for him. I bought the black skull ribbon to make him some pirate pants. I used some 99 cents/yard clearance fabric for the pants and sewed the ribbon onto the cuffs:

new pirate pants
cuffs
There's a little less than a yard left of the ribbon and I'm hoping that it'll be enough to go around the cuffs of a pair of shorts for Monkey Boy. That way they'll have matching pirate pants for the party!

2 comments:

Jan said...

The X-man has that same shirt!

We went to a pirate party a few years ago and I downloaded a skull/crossbones graphic and printed it on iron on paper and put it on a white tee shirt with the sleeves ripped off. X wore that and some black cut off jeans with a bandana and eyepatch.

Wendy said...

Aw man, I wish you were my mom. I want cool shorts like that!