Thursday, June 15, 2006

A trip to the frogpond

Remember my "TShirt Sweater" from Ella Rae? The sweater that gave me hissy fits because of the nasty color pooling? Well I had two sleeves and the back done, and last night I had just cast on for the front when I realized that I didn't like the way it was knitting up. The fabric was just too heavy, probably due to the fact that I used a US8 needle. A couple of swatches later I'd decided that the yarn draped much better with a US10.5. That meant a trip to the frogpond was in order:

the frogpond
I've decided to reknit the TShirt Sweater on US10.5 needles. Too bad I had to wait till I was practically done before changing my mind!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dye Pal,
Did you get your yarn yet? The tracking number says it was delivered today!
Your Secret Dye Pal

Chelle said...

That's such a bummer! I hate frogging, esp. when so much work has already gone into a garment...

It will be much lighter on the bigger needles, though. And now you'll get to enjoy the Malabrigo all over again!

Lynn / vigilant20 said...

That's so sad! Such gorgeous yarn though, at least you get to re-use it.

Abigale said...

At least it will knit up faster on the bigger needles! I've had to do that once or twice myself - at least it's nice yarn!

Have fun!

Abi