Friday, July 29, 2005

*)(&#$*&( Corset

I bought the yarn for my Silk Corset and joined the KAL....read all the questions and thought I was ready to get going. So I cast on and started working with the charts last night.

*sigh* I only got to row 4 before I got so frustrated that I took a long overdue trip to the frog pond. I don't know what it is; I've been knitting for nearly 2 yrs and have tackled some (I think) fairly difficult projects. I've made full sized adult sweaters that are actually wearable. My two kiddos have at least a couple of sweaters each. I've cabled. I've done color work. I learned how to Norwegian purl. I can knit socks. I've even done a shawl in lace.

So why are the instructions for the Silk Corset so darned confusing to me? I think I need to put this project aside for a day or two and start again next week.

Besides, tonight is another epi of Battlestar Galactica and I can't work on anything requiring too much attention during the show- I might miss something important! (Yes, I'm a geek because I am so hooked on the new BSG! Sue me.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just as bad, except I put my *hard* project down to knit the easy one while we watched!