Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I cheated


That's right, I cheated: I got (nearly) instant gratification by knitting some socks for Little Man. I made them out of my handspun, which turned out to be some seriously yummy fiber goodness. There's nothing like knitting with handspun-mine was so soft and delicious I couldn't believe it.

I love how the colors came out totally different. Luckily I'm not an ARK (Anal Rententive Knitter), cuz it would be really hard to get the socks to match.

Here's another view:

Little Man wouldn't take the socks off, even tho it's got to be 90 degrees here today. I think I'll have to make another pair for Monkey Boy too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are just adorable. Is this the roving that you dyed as well? The colors are lovely.

Arianie said...

wow i love the colors on those socks? what kind of wool breed is that? is it a blend of different fibers?

kittensmittens said...

i love those socks, i can't blame your boy for not taking them of, i wouldn't either.

i saw you got the crystal palace kid merino. i have a few balls, what are you making with yours, i still haven't figured out what i want to make with mine.

(ps, i'm a fellow corset knitter)