Thursday, July 21, 2005

Just say no to mohair

Ok. Ok. I saw the lovely color and fuzz of the Venezia yarn and it sucked me in. I bought three balls. Swatched. Liked the result and started on Kiri in earnest.

And started itching after row #20. Just like with angora.

My reaction wasn't nearly as bad with the mohair, but I did notice that I got itchy all over the longer I spent knitting with the Venezia. I might have preservered but then I got into the part of Kiri where you start the motif repeats and I was *totally* bulloxed up. I don't know if I am reading the chart wrong, or misinterpreting the directions for the chart or what...but needless to say I ended up ripping the whole thing out.

GGGGRRRRRR

Even 50% mohair is a beeyotch to frog.

*sigh*

I think it's all a sign that I'm not meant for fuzzy things. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Venezia....maybe gift it to someone cuz it really is lovely stuff.

And I'm going to give Kiri another try, this time with some stash yarn that isn't at all fuzzy. I have some Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere from Elann in a lovely blue that might do.

Ah well, no more fuzzies for me!

1 comments:

Christie said...

What a bummer! That color is indeed so lovely.