Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Here 'tis...

As promised, the Funky Tank being modeled by its happy owner.

I think I picked up too many stitches for the armbands, as they flare out a bit. Plus the pattern seems to call for some pretty big arm holes. Little Man is wearing a cotton tank under the sweater cuz otherwise you'd surely be able to see his chest/tummy.

I'm happy with how it fits tho- he'll be able to wear it all summer and probably into the Fall with a t-shirt underneath.
Stats:
Funky Tank Top (Zoe Mellor's "Adorable Knits for Toddlers")
Used Knitpicks' Shine yarn throughout- less than 1 ball for most of the colors. The main color (light blue) took less than 2 balls.
Took about 1 week to knit (actually, less than a week, but the seaming/weaving took forever)
Size 6 Addi Turbos

4 comments:

Annie said...

What a bright, beautiful sweater on such a bright, beautiful little boy!

Christie said...

cute! It may be a little big, but it definitely fits my mom's motto, "Shut up kid, you'll grow into it." How many times do you think I've heard that? :D

Ween said...

Those colors are gorgeous! He really looks cute in it and looks like he likes his new tank!

Mamma said...

What cute kids. Nice site. The sweater looks great. I always knit things a size too big for my kids. I 'm also a "shut up you'rr grow into it" kinda mom. I love the knitted dinos. I may have to whip up a few for my little man.