Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My house is a mess, but I can make cake


Mocha Chocolate Cake
Originally uploaded by shizzknits.

Hey, you gotta keep up with the important things in life, right?

I just got the new Cooking Light magazine and saw this recipe for Mocha Chocolate cake. The eggs and butter in the batter are replaced by mayo and a little bit of canola oil (2 tbs). The "light" cakes I've made in the past have usually been hit or miss. Sometimes they're really good and sometimes they're a waste of ingredients.

This cake is delicious! Very chocolatey and moist without being overly sweet. The topping is Cool Whip + marshmellow creme along with some brewed coffee. I was supposed to swirl some choco syrup over the top but opted for mini choco chips since I was all out of syrup.

0 comments: