Saturday, April 01, 2006

the trouble with tribbles AKA Flashin' It!

The trouble with a fiber habit is that fiber, like tribbles, seems to mulitply when you're not looking.

The first time you meet that little ball of Kidsilk Haze, you're struck by its softness and the lovely color. Somehow it follows you home and the Kidsilk (Crack) Haze becomes your pet, sleeping on your pillow and snuggling up with you....
kidsilk haze

And that Malabrigo! Oy! Such gorgeous colors! Soft like buttah! It must come home to join the stash, too.
Even if you have no idea what to make with it....it makes you happy:
yarn turban

But things soon turn dark....
Those cute little balls of yarn nuzzle each other in your stash. More tribbles- I mean balls of yarn- arrive and join their brethren. You wonder "Where am I going to store all this?"
You buy multiple plastic containers for your yarn. You realize that your bed doesn't need a frame or box spring- you can just lay the mattress on top of the yarn containers.

And the yarn continues to multiply....





You begin to find yarn in strange places...

yah, that's Summer Tweed and *that's* what I think of it!

You wonder, "Where did the father of my children go?"
sock yarn, obviously

One day, you wonder, "Where did my children go?"
stash-ola

And you feel like Kirk:
Me n Tribbles



Flash Your Stash
(click on any of the above images for a larger view with identifying notes)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the yarn comfortable?

Unknown said...

ROFL... I love the look on Finn's face as he disappears into the stash.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

nice stash [and yarn helpers] ... happiness is a well stashed knitter. I can see you're very happy too!!

Mary, Mary... said...

The needs of the knitter far outweigh the needs of.....the family? love it!

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures! Especially of the kids. Thanks for sharing your stash!
(Although I have to say, I did a nice big intake on the Summer Tweed in the crapper!)

Noey D. said...

Very cute! I love your pictures!

Liz K. said...

Great creative entry into FYS! One of my favorites, for sure!

Francesca said...

Oh my god, that's exactly how I feel about the KSH -- like they're Tribbles. You're a Star Trek-knitting goddess for putting those together. I will go to bed happy. Um, if I can find my bed under the yarn.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Star Trek uniform! LOVE the stash, too! You are too funny...

cpurl17 said...

Yours is the last stop on my tour of Stash for the evening and it was so worth it! This post is hysterical and your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great presentation! Way to get the family involved. The picture of the summer tweed in the toilet is priceless!

Zonda said...

I love your post! Well done and very inventive. So I take it you don't like the summer tweed huh? ;) Your children are so cute and willing to pose w/yarn for you! Too cute! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Nice! (please tell me you cleaned the toilet before you stuck the yarn in there...) ;o)

thomasina said...

Oh, how funny! What a great yarn tour.

Mamma said...

As a child that was my favorite star trek episode. I wanted a tribble. Yes, yarn is exactly like tribbles.

I loved the picture of the yarn in the dishwasher.

Sharon said...

I love the pictures of your um er OBSESSION ;) the little models are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny I chuckled at the look of concern on your toddlers face when he's all piled in

Anonymous said...

Girl - anytime you want to unload that summer tweed, have a stash sale and I'm there!

Lynda said...

Love you Jaywalkers with the purple toes - and your Stash pictures are the funniest out there! I can't believe you acually put yarn in the toilet!!