Friday, March 31, 2006

cursed, I tell ya!

I got sucked into a certain pattern, the same one that *everyone* in bloggerland is doing. I've seen so many of gorgeous renditions of the Jaywalker like Cara's and all of these. So why do my Jaywalkers look like this?
down to the toe
Yeah, you may think these look nice....and they do! Unfortunately they don't fit me!!! I am CURSED. Cursed I tell you! I've knit and re-knit this pattern-I think this is the fourth or fifth incarnation- and this is the closest I've come to a sock that fits and looks halfway decent.
And you know what the topper is? I *ran out of yarn* at the top of the toe decreases.

sigh

So I'm knitting the toe on some stash sportweight yarn that happens to pretty close the purple shade in the sock. I thin I'm just going to be glad when these socks are completed. Thank goodness I knitted both socks at the same time on two sets of DPNs. The other sock is about an inch from the toe decreases so I don't have far to go.

And in other (better) news....I finished plying up all of my Project Spectrum yarn.

I like it!

7 comments:

Jan said...

That swatch is so pretty!!!

Christie said...

I like it too!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with the pattern! Know that you are NOT alone. For everyone that loved it, there are probably two people out there that hate it. Seriously. And, well, to run out yarn. That's just like a slap in the face. ;-)

On a happier note, your yarn is GORGEOUS!!!

Elspeth said...

My jaywalkers were annoying too -- they were really tight and I had problems remembering the pattern because it was "too easy". Not to mention the ribbing rolls down which is incredibly annoying!

Your yarn is gorgeous, though!

Mamma said...

I hate that stupid pattern. The chevron pattern has no stretch to it, so it is incredibly hard to get on and off. I tried that stupid thing five time. Never could get a version that worked.

I do like the solid colored toe. That's not so bad.

And your swatch is georgeous.

Abigale said...

That swatch is gorgeous! I have to say it kind of reminds me of my most recent skein of yarn, though mine doesn't have any yellows in it...

Your photos are always so lovely. My Jaywalker (singular, I'm still working on sock 2) is difficult to get on and off as well - just a function of the pattern I guess.

Sharon said...

I am yet to succumb to this pattern, and I don't know if I ever will as you are not the first person I have read that has had the same problem :(