Saturday, December 16, 2006

kids' christmas crafty-ness

Have you been to visit Kiddley yet? I've been subscribed to the feed for months now and am always inspired by their crafting projects. December has been filled with one great crafty idea after another.

When I saw these 'dolls', I knew the small men would enjoy making some. I printed them out, two to a sheet, and put out some cut up scraps of Christmas themed paper, yarn, glitter glue and markers. Little Man spent quite some time cutting and gluing pieces of paper to his 'doll'- he had to get the 'clothes' to fit just right. Monkey Boy was more interested in eating the glue sticks & using his scissors to cut little flaps of paper, but the project held their attention for over an hour. Here are LM's finished ornaments:

kids' christmas crafty-ness

(unfortunately, MB cut his little doll up so we don't have a FO to show for him!)

The boys crafted long enough for me to stamp and address all our Christmas cards, as well as start some bread in the bread machine. We've had our bread machine for years; when we first got it, I used it all the time. But after the little ones came along I pretty much stopped baking. However, I've been having the craving for freshly made bread lately so I broke out the bread machine, dusted it off and threw in some ingredients. MB was quite interested in the whole process...

supervising


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute ornaments!

I've always wondered if I'd ever use a bread machine if I got one. Never sure...

Anonymous said...

Those are great ornaments (sorry MB took the scrissors to his. heh). I am bookmarking Kiddly right now - what a great site!

Anonymous said...

I love Kiddley! I have to get a printer though. Well, toner anyway...

Anonymous said...

same with our bread machine! I need to buy new yeast too since it's been ages since I put it to any use!