Friday, April 22, 2005

What we talk about while knitting....

I was at La Petite Knitterie on Wednesday night for the Sit n Stitch when one of the ladies (Alice) came up with a cute new term: "knitworking". It's like networking, but applies when you hook up with one of your knitting buddies for a non-knitting reason. I've seen a lot of of knitworking happen and I've also knitworked myself- everything from finding a good mechanic to giving a recommendation for a Bradley Method instructor. Of course, knitters in general are a chatty bunch so I think knitworking is completely natural.


Another funny thing happened that night, too. Stephanie (one of the Knitterie's employees and part of the Sit n Stitch) saw me and asked me right away if I had a blog. I was a little taken aback, but said yup, sure do. Turns out she had read my entry about the raccoon incident and even left a comment. I didn't know it was her, so I didn't make the connection till she asked me about it. So a big HI goes out to her. What a small world!

I've been working away on my Good Bias shrug....man this thing is never going to end! At least that's how it feels.

0 comments: