Friday, August 25, 2006

Some musings and a new bag

Thanks all for the comments on the shoes below. I still haven't decided if I'm going to get them or not. They are so cool looking, but like some of you commented, I'm afraid they might just sit in my closet to be admired instead of worn. I'm sick of wearing flip flops, Keds, and Crocs all day long....tired of "mom shoes" (the footwear version of 'mom jeans'). It would be fun to occasionally wear some heels, but I need heels that I can chase a 20month old in!

Now onto something completely different....

Lately I've been thinking of putting my DSLR into my diaper bag so I can get better photos of the boys when we're out and about. The big drawback with that is the weight and size of the camera- it's quite a bit larger than my current point & shoot. Plus there's the worry that it will get banged around too much in the diaper bag.

I was trying to figure out a way to keep my camera safe without lugging around another large padded case. Then I saw SouleMama's handsewn camera bag and was inspired. Here's my version: new bag
It's got two layers of batting and is pretty heavily quilted on the bottom. The inside is lined with the same fabric as the top. Not quite happy with the ribbon drawstring, but it'll do will I come up with something better.

This small camera bag fits into my backpack/diaperbag with room to spare. Hopefully it will encourage me to use my DSLR more often. I miss working with my 'nice' camera and lenses- I can tell I've gotten rusty with my photography skills.

5 comments:

Liz K. said...

I loved loved loved the Zappos shoes, but for Mom shoes for chasing a 20 month old (and looking great with handknitted socks), I swear by Dansko clogs. But heels are my weekend wear as much as possible.

Obsessed with knitting said...

1) I can't support the shoe purchase as indicated in the previous post
2) I exercised great inner strength by not falling all over myself to get out the door, into my car, and over to TM to see if they had any of those beautiful birch needles left - it is early in the evening though...Which one did you go to?
3) I love the kiddie pool video

I haven't been to your blog in awhile - I like what you've done to the place!!

Freecia said...

Oh that bag is so cute. Soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

I like your version of the bag better than the original!

joyce said...

i love it! i should make one too for my camera...i lug around my camera bag but now w/ a new baby's diaber bag plus my toddler's bag i think i need one of these...