Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday dinner


Complete set here.

Lately, the Dearest and I have been taking the boys out for Sunday dinner at The Spectrum. We eat dinner and then walk around people watching or spend some time listening to live bands perform (there's always at least one band there on Sunday nights). It's fun for the kids and it's a nice way to kick off the week.

Prior to heading off to dinner, I spent some time sewing a baby blanket for my lovely neighbor's new little girl.
new baby blankie
If it looks familiar, it's probably because I used the scraps from my Log Cabin quilt to make the strips. The backing is just some sueded fabric that I've had in my stash forever. There's no batting in this little quilt as the backing is fairly thick. It measures about 30x34inches.

Today was also a good day to clean out my car. I spent about an hour vacuuming out the carpets (sand from the beach, anyone?), then the boys and I went to the local automated carwash. Monkey Boy especially enjoyed the ride, as I finally turned his carseat around so he faces forward.
facing forward at last!

0 comments: